SANDPOINT, Idaho (CitizenWire) — A new book called “Funds to the Rescue: 101 Fundraising Ideas for Humane and Animal Rescue Groups” (ISBN: 978-0-9749245-9-5; LCCN: 2009905962; Logical Expressions, Inc.) was named the Winner in the “How To” category of the 2010 Next Generation Indie Book Awards.
“Funds to the Rescue” combines practical fundraising advice with real examples of fundraising activities that humane groups have used along with rankings of costs, planning time, and personnel required. Many books on fundraising don’t offer specific and straightforward ideas for pet-oriented fundraisers, but Funds to the Rescue is written specifically for humane groups.
Author Susan Daffron is the founder of the National Association of Pet Rescue Professionals (www.naprp.com), an organization that offers tools and information to help rescue groups save more companion animal lives. As an animal shelter volunteer, employee, board member, and later as a vet assistant at a low-cost spay/neuter clinic, Susan worked on many animal-related fundraisers herself.
Fundraising ideas in the book include:
* How one humane society laughed themselves all the way to $43,000 with a fun comedy fundraiser.
* How working with restaurants can net big profits, like the shelter that told everyone to “Eat for Pete.”
* How rescues can creatively ask for money using a simple letter-writing campaign instead of a bake sale, picnic, or dog walk. One SPCA made $980 the first day they used this tip.
* How to use the power of “small change” to your advantage. A few pennies can turn into a lot of dough!
* How to use nothing more than card stock and a laser printer for a quick and easy fundraiser.
Faith Maloney, one of the Co-Founders of Best Friends Animal Society calls Funds to the Rescue, “practical and creative” and plans to recommend the book to students who attend workshops at the sanctuary.
About Funds to the Rescue:
“Funds to the Rescue: 101 Fundraising Ideas for Humane and Animal Rescue Groups” is $19.95 and available through major online booksellers and www.FundstotheRescue.com. At the book Web site, visitors also can receive a free special report called “Paws-i-tively Easy Fundraising Ideas: 5 Simple and Fun Fundraisers You Can Put Together Quickly.” For information on other products, visit the publisher’s Web site at www.logicalexpressions.com .
News Source: Logical Expressions, Inc. :: This story was issued by Send2Press® and is Copyright © 2010 Neotrope® News Network – all rights reserved. Published on CitizenWire™ under license.