SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (CitizenWire) — The 2011 models of LifeSpan compact elliptical trainers, made by PCE Health and Fitness (lifespanfitness.com), were highly praised in fitness equipment reviews of best elliptical trainers for 2011. The LifeSpan EL1000 and EL3000i elliptical trainers received positive reviews from fitness equipment review groups Treadmill Doctor and Fitness Professor Review.
Fitness Professor awarded the EL3000i “Head of the Class” winner for best elliptical in its price range, and also praised the EL1000 as “a great feeling elliptical and a real contender in its price class.” LifeSpan ellipticals scored high for ergonomics, quality of construction, smoothness and resistance.
Treadmill Doctor awarded the EL3000i Best Buy runner-up, and rated LifeSpan ellipticals high in reliability and value. “With major improvements over LifeSpan’s old elliptical designs, the EL1000 has become a reliable choice at $999… LifeSpan’s products won’t disappoint you. This is one of the better choices this year… The EL1000 and the EL3000i are both solid values.”
In addition to review group ratings, a respected Collegiate Instructor of Exercise Science praised LifeSpan elliptical trainers in a recent product evaluation. According to James Menz, MS, CSCS, CES, “LifeSpan ellipticals boast a lower and more rhythmic stride, enhanced arm motion, and better overall body positioning. They are as comfortable in the fortieth minute as in the fourth.”
Below are highlights from the evaluation:
* The angled arm piece creates a converging arm swing, much more in harmony with the user’s natural upper body motion.
* Handlebar placement keeps the arms comfortably engaged, even for prolonged sessions.
* The knees are kept in a slightly flexed, or “softened” position throughout the descent and stride. Many ellipticals, even much more expensive models, force the knee into hyperextension (locked position).
* Pedal spacing and step up height are superior to models costing hundreds or even thousands of dollars more.
* The user’s body is beautifully centered and balanced, encouraging the user to stay on longer, and allowing seamless transitions to and from the hands-free position.
Compact LifeSpan EL1000 and EL3000i ellipticals save floor space, and the low step-up height makes them ideal for low-ceiling rooms. Ergonomic Natural FIT features include comfortable closely-spaced pedals, uniquely-designed handlebars that narrow the width as your arms extend forward, and a perfected elliptical stride pattern so arms and legs flow naturally to simulate your body’s everyday movement.
More information: http://lifespanfitness.com .
Copyright © 2011 CitizenWire™ and Neotrope®. CitizenWire is a publication of the Neotrope News Network.