CHICAGO, Ill., July 25, 2013 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Jeff Fest Arts & Music Festival three-day event kicks off Friday, July 26th (6 p.m. – 11 p.m.), Saturday, July 27th (noon to 11 p.m.) and Sunday, July 28th (noon – 10 p.m.) on the grounds of Jefferson Memorial Park located at 4822 N. Long Avenue on Chicago’s Northwest side. Admission is $7 per person, or $5 before 5 o’clock. Children under 12 are free.
Jeff Fest’s official beer sponsor is Louis Glunz Beer, Inc. The 125-year-old company is family-owned and operated and is among the oldest beer distributors in the United States. Louis Glunz Beer, Inc. is an innovator in Chicagoland, proudly offering the most comprehensive selection of craft, specialty and import beers representing over 190 breweries around the globe.
The mouth-watering choices they’ve selected especially for Jeff Fest Arts & Music Festival includes: Founders All Day IPA, 5 Rabbit Golden Ale, Great Lakes Brewing Company The Wright Pils, Stiegl Grapefruit Radler, Berghoff Straight-Up Hefe Weizen, Wyder’s Pear Cider (Gluten-Free), and Pabst Blue Ribbon. As an added bonus to the offerings is a summer favorite – Sangria. This year, the Glunz sponsored Beer Tent is managed by Fischmans, a local neighborhood tavern well known for their bi-weekly ‘Tap This’ events.
To satisfy appetites of all ages, food Tents featuring local Jefferson Park and Portage Park landmark restaurants include:
* Gale Street Inn: Celebrating 50 years in Jefferson Park, the landmark restaurant will feature its famous finger-licking-good BBQ ribs, pulled pork sandwiches and jambalaya. Led by Chef Liborio Martinez, along with his culinary team, who has been together for nearly 20 of the 50 years.
* Hops & Barley’s is proud to be a part of the festival and featuring two of its favorite menu items including chicken wings and fish tacos for fest-goers to enjoy. As a local go-to place in Portage Park where patrons often enjoy live music and karaoke.
What would a Chicago Festival be without funnel cakes and hand cut fries? Thanks to Creative Cooking you can get your fix. They also will offer Maxwell Street brats, mozzarella sticks and fresh lemonade.
Some of the tastiest food on wheels rolls in for the event. Here are a few highlights:
* Giordano’s has been acclaimed “Chicago’s Best Pizza” by NBC, CBS Chicago, New York Times, Chicago Magazine, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Eater, Home & Garden magazine, Concierge Preferred and more! The state-of-the-art conventional ovens in the truck will turn out individual-sized cheese, pepperoni, sausage and spinach pizzas and salad and soft drinks will round out the mobile menu.
* Chubby Wieners: In 2005 the Fourkas brothers got the big idea to open a hot dog stand, but not just any hot dog stand. They decided to open the greatest hot dog stand the world has ever known! Their master plan – combine the freshest ingredients with an uncompromising approach to quality and taste. The name – after their favorite uncle “Chubby.”
* Get Curried Away is Chicago’s first Indian Food Truck with the front of the truck printed with “Either Curry Up or Get Outta our way!” It’s all in good fun. The company claims its flavors will most definitely have your taste buds dancing on the streets like they are in a Bollywood film! They plan to feature curry plates, Naan, mango lassi, Kati rools, samosa and Biryani.
* Toasty Cheese Mobile Eatery specializes in gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches. The company’s motto is “We just don’t make sandwiches. We build them.” Recently Toasty Cheese was featured on WGN TV as one of Chicago’s favorite food trucks. Offering 10 of its most favorite cheese sandwiches at Jeff Fest featuring Jazzy Jeff to the Hanna Banana and the not-to-miss Rockin Rachael to name a few.
There is something for everyone to enjoy with the live music, interactive art and performances, Kid’s Zone and Urban Folk Circuit shopping. Maps, schedules, and more information on musicians and participants can be found at http://JeffFest.org/ .
Thanks to media partner, 93.1 WXRT Chicago, the three-day Jeff Fest Arts and Music Festival offers music ranging from soul, alternative rock, folk rock to techno pop. The festival’s musical lineup includes: The Locals, Hank & Cupcake, Dot Dot Dot, Peter Oyloe, Kent Rose, Wishing Well, Luna Blu, The Root Cause, Pat Smillie Band, Voodoo Kings, Magic Box, Hokole?a, John Yost Drum Circle, Tommy Tuesday, Mike Felten, Poochamungas, The Kuhls, CTA, Dirty Dan & The Cool Rockin Daddies, Michael McDermott, Mary Macaroni, Zydeco Voodoo, and Paul Coady.
Beyond the Main Music Stage sponsored by Louis Glunz Beer, Inc., are the Republic Bank Acoustic stage, a Drum Circle area, and a Kid’s Zone in the park that will feature pop-up theatre performances, dancers, bounce houses and more.
After-Parties kick off in the neighborhood including:
* Fischmans Liquor and Tavern: 4780 N Milwaukee Avenue.
* Twilight Lounge: 4644 North Central Avenue.
The festival is presented by 45th Ward Alderman Arena, Jefferson Park Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the Jefferson Park Advisory Council and the Chicago Park District along with media partner 93.1 WXRT Chicago.
Jefferson Memorial Park is located at 4822 N. Long Avenue, just west of Milwaukee Avenue. Fest-goers are encouraged to take public transportation, as the Jefferson Park Metra and CTA Blue Line is just a block from the festival grounds. It takes an estimated 25 minutes to travel from the Loop to Jefferson Park. Plenty of bike racks also will be available. Free parking will be marked and available in area parking lots.
Road closures: Both Long and Linder Avenues will be blocked off between Higgins and Lawrence Avenues for the three-day festival.
You could win! Each paid entry also receives a raffle ticket to be completed and turned into the Information Booth. All completed raffle forms are eligible to win a BBQ grill or TV compliments of Sears located at 4730 W. Irving Park Rd. Winner need not be present. The drawing will be held on Sunday, July 28th at 9 p.m.
Coolers and outside liquor are not permitted. Lawn chairs and blankets are welcome. For more information, go to JeffFest.org. Be sure you are the first to hear of announcements and plans for Jeff Fest and follow @JeffFestChicago on Twitter and facebook.
More information online: http://www.JeffFest.org/ .
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/JeffFest .
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JeffFestChicago (@JeffFestChicago).
NEWS SOURCE: Jeff Fest Arts and Music Festival :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source (who is solely responsible for its accuracy) by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. Original syndication source of this news item: https://www.send2press.com/newswire/Chicagos-Jeff-Fest-Arts-Music-Festival-Announces-Craft-Beer-Offerings-Food-Truck-Lineup-Local-Landmark-Restaurants-and-Neighborhood-After-Party-Destinations_2013-07-0725-003.shtml.