ATLANTA, Ga. (CitizenWire) — Emerge Scholarships, Inc., a nonprofit organization that provides academic scholarships to deserving women, welcomes the members of its 2011 Advisory Board. Emerge provides scholarships to women whose educations have been interrupted, who have overcome significant challenges and who give back to their communities.
Advisory Board members will serve as ambassadors to Atlanta’s business and philanthropic communities, as well as lend their talents and expertise to Emerge. The community is invited to meet members of the new Advisory Board and Board of Directors during Emerge’s annual scholarship luncheon on March 2nd. For more information or to register, visit http://www.emergescholarships.org/whatsemerging/scholarship.php .
The 2011 Advisory Board includes:
* Sarah O’Brien, president and CFO, O’Brien & Company; Advisory Board Chair
* Dan Bauer, CFO, CardioMEMS, Inc.
* Greg Casagrande, Independent Technology Consultant
* Kevin Dotts, Financial Executive
* David Ferguson, principal, D.S. Ferguson Enterprises LLC
* G. W. “Bill” Holden, principal, Holden & Associates
* Sharon James Jordan, senior vice president of operations & systems, Chartis Aerospace Insurance Services, Inc.
* Helene Lollis, president, Pathbuilders
* Ellen Macht, nonprofit merger consultant
* Maria Mazursky, founder and CEO, TourDeFIT.com
* Susan Morgan, vice president, Franchise Food & Beverage, IHG
* Sean O’Brien, partner, TWO Capital Partners
* David Panton, partner, Navigation Capital Partners
* Anthony Rabb, CFO and executive vice president of finance, Brand Energy and Infrastructure Services
* Alison Rand, executive vice president and CFO, Primerica
* Pamela Short Jenkins, senior vice president of internal audit, Wendy’s/Arby’s Group Inc.
* Mark St. Clare, Member of the Board – Websense and Auxilio
* Angela Strickland, director of energy efficiency, Georgia Power
* Jacqueline Welch, senior vice president of human resources, Turner Broadcasting Systems, Inc.
* William K Whitner, partner, litigation department, Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP
* Jennifer Langley, principal, Jennifer Langley Events; Advisory Board Administrator.
Advisory Board member biographies and photos are available at http://www.emergescholarships.org/about/advisory2011.php .
Emerge was founded in 2001 and was granted 501(c)(3) status in 2002. Through academic scholarships, Emerge supports deserving women who have demonstrated a deep commitment to reaching their educational goals and who are giving back to their communities. Emerge is funded solely through corporate and individual contributions. One hundred percent of those financial contributions are used to directly fund scholarships.
Emerge empowers women to advance professionally and become economically self-sufficient – not only for themselves, but also for the benefit of their families and their communities. To apply for a scholarship, or to make a tax-exempt donation, visit www.emergescholarships.org .
Copyright © 2011 CitizenWire™ and Neotrope®. CitizenWire is a publication of the Neotrope News Network.