NEW YORK, N.Y. (CitizenWire) — With the highest unemployment in more than 20 years, over 40 million people are now circulating resumes. But many haven’t looked for jobs in some time and are falling victim to 10 common mistakes. According to Bob Gerberg Jr, the CEO of ERI, many talented and marketable people are simply doing the wrong things.
Gerberg says the 10 major mistakes that millions of people make are:
(1) They use old-style historical resumes that no longer work.
(2) They rely on old job hunting methods and don’t follow a plan.
(3) They never market their transferable skills.
(4) They don’t minimize their liabilities.
(5) They don’t know how to find enough public openings.
(6) They never send resume to their best prospects.
(7) They never get considered for private jobs.
(8) They don’t go after exciting new industry options.
(9) They don’t act on leads to private jobs.
(10) They come across as average in interviews.
ERI has also just made available a free 25 minute online video that educates job hunters on how to handle each of the 10 major mistakes, and which introduces people to some revolutionary breakthroughs in job hunting technology which ERI has pioneered. The video is called a tour of today’s job market and can be viewed at www.executiveresumes.com/markettour .
Here is some of what it reveals about resumes that work best today. Gerberg said ERI is one of the largest professional resume writing services in the world, specializing in serving professionals and executives seeking $50,000 to over $500,000. Each year they professionally write more than 25,000 resumes.
Gerberg advises job seekers to use these key rules to drafting an outstanding resume that will work.
* Your resume must be one page in length.
* The jobs you are going after must be listed first.
* The top third of your resume must be a 20 second summary.
* Any liabilities must never be disclosed
* Your transferable skills must be emphasized
* Your resume must have a first class image.
* Your resume must be scanning ready with relevant key words.
Gerberg said the difference in having an “A” resume, and not just a “B” resume is dramatic. The increase in effectiveness by following these guidelines can immediately bring some people from 10 to 20 times better results.
For additional information: email@example.com or contact Tom Morgan at 800-374-8847.
Copyright © 2010 CitizenWire™ and Neotrope®. CitizenWire is a publication of the Neotrope News Network.